Takes over where the factory regulator stops
GFB’s popular and compact FX-S Fuel Pressure Regulator is now also available as a direct drop-in replacement for the common Bosch regulators that clip into the fuel rail. If you increase the performance of your engine, you need to ensure your fuel system can deliver the goods or you’re going to have a bad day! Upgrading the fuel pump is the first step, but doing this alone will usually result in excessive fuel pressure, especially at idle. This is because the factory Bosch regulators typically don’t flow enough to support larger fuel pumps, especially with turbo E85 setups that demand high fuel flow rates. Rather than replacing the entire fuel rail, or using an adaptor with a separate fuel pressure regulator, simply clipping in the FX-S 8051 will allow you to run a much larger pump setup even with the factory rail. And if you need to adjust the fuel pressure, that’s no problem - unlike the fixed-pressure Bosch regulators, the FX-S can be adjusted from 1.4bar to 5bar. Like all GFB FX regulators, the FX-S 8051 is compatible with pump gas, Ethanol, or Methanol, and also incorporates a soft Teflon valve seat (rather than metal on metal) that will always positively seal and hold fuel pressure on shut down for reliable engine startups. The double layer diaphragm has twice the reinforcing material of the single layer type used in most regulators, and as a result the burst strength exceeds 1000psi! The 1/8” NPT port can be used for a fuel pressure gauge or electronic pressure sensor, or it can simply be plugged using the port plug provided.
- Direct fit replacement for Bosch clip in regulators
- More than double the flow of the factory regulator, allows increased pump capacity without having to replace the factory fuel rail
- Gasoline, ethanol, and methanol compatible
- Double layer/double reinforced diaphragms with a burst strength exceeding 1000psi
- Teflon co-polymer seat with stainless valve to retain fuel pressure longer after shut down
- Spring pre-load adjustment platform is o-ring sealed and does not leak vacuum/boost
- Static pressures adjustable from 1.4-5bar (20-72psi – subject to pump flow and factory return line restriction)
- Completely serviceable
All GFB FX Regulators Feature:
- 1:1 FUEL PRESSURE RISE RATE
- SUITABLE FOR UNLEADED, ETHANOL, METHANOL AND DIESEL FUELS
- DOUBLE LAYER/DOUBLE REINFORCED DIAPHRAGMS WITH A BURST STRENGTH EXCEEDING 1000PSI
- TEFLON CO-POLYMER SEAT WITH STAINLESS VALVE TO RETAIN FUEL PRESSURE LONGER AFTER SHUT DOWN
- FULLY SEALED UPPER BOOST/VACUUM REFERENCE CHAMBER
- STATIC PRESSURES ADJUSTABLE FROM 28PSI TO 72PSI (2-5BAR)
- COMPLETELY SERVICEABLE
- MULTIPLE BODY PORTS ALLOW FOR A LARGE VARIETY OF SETUP OPTIONS
- MANUFACTURED IN AUSTRALIA IN ACCORDANCE WITH ISO 9001
GFB’s Fuel Pressure Regulators are built with the same precision, machining quality, and reliability that is the foundation of all GFB products. The compact size of the GFB FX regulators conceals a large flow capacity, and the multiple ports allow for a variety of fuel system setups including multiple rails and gauge/pressure sensor monitoring.
Internally, like all GFB products you’ll find unique features and small touches that make the difference between a good product, and a great one. For example, we use a double-layer, double-reinforced diaphragm with a burst strength exceeding 1000psi (68BAR)!
Unlike others that use a metal-to-metal valve seat, the FX regulators feature a replaceable soft Teflon valve seat that helps retain fuel pressure longer after the car is shut down for easier re-starting. We even went to the trouble of adding an o-ring sealed spring hat to ensure no boost/vacuum leakage through the spring adjusting screw.
All FX regulators have a 1:1 fuel pressure rise rate and a base pressure range from 28-72psi (2-5BAR).
Only Compatible With: